I had my first taste of HTML5 banners recently. These were specifically going to DCM (DoubleClick), and here is some info and resources for building and submitting banners to DCM.
- Each creative must be a zip
- No zips inside zips
- The backup static must be outside the zip and sent at same time
- There can’t be a “Thumbs.db” or “notes” files in the zip otherwise it won’t upload into DCM
- If there are URLs in the .html file they must all be secure (https)
- Zip must have 100 asset files or less
- Only these types are allowed as anything else such as font files will result in not letting you upload – HTML, HTM, JS, CSS, JPG, JPEG, GIF, PNG, JSON, XML, and SVG
- DCM ClickTag must be functional – see attached doc
- **IMPORTANT** Before you send to _____, please test your creatives by unzipping the HTML5 creative and opening the .html in ALL main browsers (Firefox, IE, Chrome) – Please QA for loops, mouse-over, clicktag etc
Below are additional links for reading on HTML5 and HTML5 in DCM.
Google DCM Validator
DCM -About HTML5
DCM -HTML5 Build Guide
DCM -Prepare non-rich HTML5 assets for DCM
HTML5 Click Tag implementation